If you have a request concerning your personal information, including health information, medical records or other data processed by Nevro, please visit our data subject request portal here.
Version Effective date: February 13, 2022
Nevro Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to us at Nevro Corp. and its affiliates (collectively, “Nevro”, “we” or “us”), and so is being transparent about our data protection practices. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to the information we collect through our Nevro.com, NevroHFX.com, HFXforPDN.com and other websites on which we post a direct link to this Notice (“Site” or “Sites”), and the information we collect in connection with the provision of our products and services (collectively “Services”). This Notice describes the types of information we collect, the purposes for which it is used, and the choices you have with respect to how we use your personal information. We encourage you to read this Notice to understand our privacy practices before using our Services.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- About Nevro
- Information we collect
- How we use information
- How we share information
- How we store and secure information
- Your choices and rights
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
- Other important privacy information
- Contact Us
Nevro is a global medical device company that offers products and services for the Senza® and Senza Omnia™ HFX™ Systems.
Information we collect
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as described below. We collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide through our Sites: When you complete and submit an online form on any of our Sites, such as through the “Contact Us” page, we may collect your name, phone number, and email address. When you complete and submit a patient assessment form on our NevroHFX.com or HFXforPDN.com website in the U.S., UK, Australia, and Germany, we collect your age, gender, phone number, email address, and other health-related information. We do not directly collect this contact information outside of the U.S., UK, Australia, and Germany. When you submit a form to see if you qualify for or express interest in one of our studies or clinical trials, we may collect your name, age, date of birth, gender, phone number, email address, post code, and other health-related information, such as medical conditions you may be experiencing or any medications you might be taking.
- Information you provide for Nevro HFX Therapy: We may collect information about you when you receive HFX Therapy to facilitate treatment and post-treatment care. This may include your name, gender, date of birth, mailing address, email, phone number, information relating to your pain (pain scores, procedure type, pain location), your Nevro medical device settings, and your experience with our Services. We may also collect your name and appointment information from healthcare providers, such as hospitals and clinics, where your procedure is performed.
- Information you provide at events: When you attend Nevro-hosted professional or patient education events, or submit requests for more product information, we collect your name, email address, and phone number during the registration process. We also collect contact information to coordinate travel for attendees of Nevro-hosted professional education events and trainings. When you engage with us at trade shows and conferences, we collect contact information you provide to us, such as your name, email address, and phone number.
- Information you provide when you visit our offices: When you visit one of our offices we may collect your name, organizational affiliation and contact information. In some offices we may also collect video images from CCTV when you enter and exit our offices.
- Information you provide to publish your testimonial: With your consent, we collect information such as your name, city, state, email address, health information (pain location), implant date, photographs and videos of you to publish your testimonial. Your testimonial may be featured on a variety of platforms, including on our Sites, social media, television, print, audio, marketing emails, and promotional materials.
- Service providers: If you are a service provider or professional advisor engaged by us, or if you are employed or otherwise engaged by a service provider or professional advisor to us, we may collect (either from you or from the organization with which you are affiliated) your name, organizational affiliation, national provider identifier, contact information and bank account details.
- Device information: When you use our Sites, we automatically collect your operating system, IP address, device type, and device version.
- Browsing information: When you visit our Sites, we automatically collect your browser type and usage details, such as time, frequency, and use pattern. We may collect the domain name from which you access our Sites, the pages of our Sites that you visit, the amount of time spent on our Sites, and the number of times you return to our Sites.
- “Do Not Track” technologies: We currently do not respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
- If you do not provide personal information to us, this may impact our ability to provide the relevant service to you.
How we use information
We use the information we collect about you to:
- Communicate with you: We may contact you to respond to your inquiries, requests, and/or send important notices. For example, we may contact you to provide customer support, schedule appointments, update you about new Services, or to send invitations to Nevro-hosted events. See “Your choices and rights” section below to learn how to manage your communication preferences.
- Provide and improve our Services and Sites: We use information we collect to provide and analyze how you use our Services, develop new products and services, and improve functionality, efficiency, and quality of our Services.
- Nevro HFX Therapy: We collect personal information in order to provide you with the necessary devices to support the trial and/or implant of the devices and to optimize the HFX Services. In detail, Nevro collects and processes your personal information to understand your specific needs for implant and treatment, to invoice and bill your medical provider for the device, to contact your physician if necessary to plan and to perform the HFX therapy, to provide the Services in connection with the patient agreement you have entered into with your treating doctor or hospital, and to perform Nevro’s related therapy support obligations towards the treating doctor or hospital.
- Perform data analytics for patient outcomes: We use information we collect to provide and analyze how you use our Services, develop new products and services, optimize our algorithms for HFX Therapy, present patient outcomes to current and prospective customers, and improve the functionality, efficiency, and quality of our Services.
- Conduct scientific research and clinical studies: We conduct clinical studies and trials to test and improve our Services. We may use your information to contact you about studies or clinical trials for which you may be eligible or that might interest you. If you are a participant in a study or clinical trial, we will use your information to conduct the study or trial and any related follow-up activities. Participation in our studies and trials is voluntary. We use anonymized data for scientific research purposes in connection with our Services.
- Billing: Depending on your location, we may collect your name, date of birth, insurance number, and other health information, as necessary, to use for billing purposes.
- Marketing and advertising: We only publish testimonials, send marketing emails and newsletters, or call you about our Services with your consent. We advertise our Services on social media platforms, such as Facebook, but we will not directly contact you or collect your information through these platforms. In the U.S., we engage in behavioral advertising and partner with third parties, such as Google, to provide you targeted advertisements on our Sites. See the “Your choices” section below to learn how to manage your communication preferences.
- Coordinate events and manage visitors: We use your name and contact information to coordinate travel arrangements if you attend a Nevro-hosted professional education event that requires you to travel outside of your city.
How we share information
We share information about you with third party service providers only in the manner described below:
- Service providers: We provide your information to other third party service providers to help us perform our Services and operate the Sites. These service providers are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide services on our behalf and under our direction. We use service providers for business activities such as relationship management, content management, data center hosting services, customer support, document management, marketing, and email administration. We may also provide your personal information to professional advisors (for example, accountants, lawyers or other consultants) and, independent public accountants and auditors, authorized representatives of internal control functions.
- Nevro Corp. and Nevro affiliated companies: We share information we have about you with our affiliated companies to operate and improve our Services. Nevro affiliated companies are owned or operated by us. This Notice applies to the information we share with our affiliates.
- Legal purposes: We may disclose your information when we believe that disclosure is (1) reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request; (2) necessary to enforce the provisions of this Notice; or (3) necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Nevro, our customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Transactions: We may also disclose your personal information to any third party that acquires, or is interested in acquiring, all or part of our assets or shares, or that succeeds us in carrying on all or part of our business.
International data transfers
We collect information globally, including from customers in the U.S., EEA, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Australia. We may transfer your information outside of the country in which you originally provided it to where our affiliated companies and service providers operate, including the United States. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided your personal information.
To ensure that your personal information is secure, we use European Commission approved standard contractual clauses when we transfer information from the EEA and Switzerland. We also make use of intra-group data export agreements to protect your information when we transfer it to our affiliated companies.
Your choices and rights
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how we use personal information we collect so you can make choices about how your personal information is used. You can notify us during the information collection process and change your preferences at any time.
- Marketing communications: With your consent, we may contact you by email or phone to provide additional information about our Services. If you would like to opt-out of further marketing communications, you can click the link in the bottom of any marketing email, or email us at [email protected].
- Patient care communications: Subject to applicable law, we may call, email, or send SMS texts after your procedure to schedule appointments and facilitate follow up treatment.
- Transactional communications: We send transactional emails if you submit a message through the “Contact Us” form on our websites, to notify you about changes to our Services, and to send other disclosures as required by law.
Depending on your country or state and as required by law, you may have the right to:
- Access and receive a copy of your personal information; and
- Request that we update, amend, delete or correct incomplete or inaccurate information;
Additionally, Australian individuals may:
- Withdraw your consent of our ability to use your personal information; and
- Lodge a complaint with the OAIC.
We can correct or delete incorrect personal information or data, or provide a copy of your personal information upon request, but we reserve the right to use your information to request additional information to verify your identity before we process your request and to maintain a copy of all requests for our legal records. If you wish to exercise these rights, please submit your request here and we will respond to verifiable requests within 30-45 days, depending on the applicable state or country regulations (if any). Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to file a complaint with a government regulator if you are not satisfied with our response.
How we store and secure information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We maintain a Corporate Information Security Policy and use-tested access and security controls to ensure that your personal information is secure. We also require third party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information also provide such security measures in accordance with industry standards.
We use data hosting service providers in the U.S. and EEA to host the information we collect in connection with our HFX Therapy. The servers which store the information we collect are kept in a controlled environment. Where data is transferred over the Internet as part of our website, the data is encrypted using industry standard SSL (HTTPS) and multi-factor authentication is required for remote access to most systems containing sensitive information.
Although we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, it is impossible to guarantee absolute security in all situations. If you have any questions about security of our Services, please contact us at [email protected].
We retain your personal information for as long as needed to comply with our legal obligations (such as maintaining medical records and reporting to regulatory authorities), resolve disputes, and enforce our rights. We also may retain your information to support our business operations and develop our Services. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- how long the personal information is needed to provide the Services and operate the business;
- the type of personal information collected; and
- whether we are subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the information (e.g., mandatory data retention laws, government orders to preserve information relevant to an investigation, or information that must be retained for the purposes of litigation or disputes.
Other important privacy information
Our Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from minors under the age of 16. If you believe that a minor under the age of 16 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected] and we will promptly delete that information from our records.
Third party services, applications, and websites
Certain third party services or websites you use, or navigate to or from our Services (such as social media sites) may have separate user terms and privacy policies that are independent of this Notice. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third party services or applications. We recommend carefully reviewing the user terms and privacy statement of each third party service, website, and/or application prior to use.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We may update this Notice to reflect changes in our practices or relevant laws relating to personal information. We will notify you if we make any material changes by revising the “effective date” at the top of this Notice. We encourage you to review this Notice for updates each time you use our Services.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, or if you would like to exercise your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] or write to us at:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
1800 Bridge Pkwy
Redwood City, CA 94065